Friday, August 24, 2012

Heart Walk 2012

Hey guys!  Here is a completely unrelated pregnacy/baby post.  So many of you have probably seen on my facebook or have received emails/texts from me about American Heart Associations Heart Walk.  My co-worker Tracie and I were asked to co captain the Heart Walk for Christus Health Shreveport Bossier this year.  I am honored and pleased to take on this challenge.

It hit me though that I haven't reached out to this group of people or through this venue yet.  For donating at least $25 to the AHA Heart Walk you can receive an official t-shirt without actually walking on the day.  By the way that is a handy thing to know, the walk is on Saturday October 6 2012 at LSUS Shreveport, activities start at 0800 and walk starts at 0915. 

 Or another option is joining a team donating and raising money and walking on that day.  I would love and appreciate either of these!  We are trying to break our $15000 goal for the whole health system which we missed by quite a large amount last year.

I personally am walking for sweet little nugget.  I have had the privilege of taking care of many congenital heart disease babies during my time in the NICU.  These families are overwhelmed with the joy of welcoming their sweet little babies into the world and then that is met with the scary realization that your perfect baby is sick.  So I am choosing to walk for all these sweet babies that did and did not make it, and my sweet little man who I pray daily is born healthy, and all the future little nuggets.

I am asking you to find your own reason to walk or to give money to this amazing organization.  The money we raise in this area stays in this area.  We also have some very cool t-shirts we have had made for the Heart Walk for our hospital.  Let me know if you are interested and I will send you an email with a picture of the shirt and the prices.  I actually may post it on my facebook if some people act interested. 

Here is the link for my teams webpage that you can join the team or just simply donate.
Kay Sour Heart Walk Page

Thank you ahead of time for your donations and participation and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment