Sunday, July 15, 2012

Catching you UP!

So lets give you a little bit of background.  My husband and I have been married 2 years and 4 months and some days.  We have been together for about 5 years or so.  Basically we are an old married couple.

And NOW we are expecting our first little one.  We are 14 weeks and 3 days as of today.  We have not seen the little munchkin since our very first appointment at 7 weeks, so needless to say we are dying to see our nugget and its gender! And the answer is YES to your (I can imagine) burning question, we are having a gender reveal party.  DUH!  And YES to your 2nd burning question, I am on Pinterest.  So I have tons of ideas!

Including this one!
But we are hitting some snags in the planning, because my sweet family lives in Texas.  And I so want/need them to be there for the big reveal, but how do you get people to you in the middle of the week knowing that they still have to go back for work the next day.  The Lord knows my heart and that I could not keep the gender a secret once we find out!  The 8 weeks we held the pregnancy a secret were TORTURE!  (that's a whole other story of my nurse husband and I knowing way too many things that can go wrong).  So I am praying for a Friday appointment or for just simply favor that my family can make it in for the big day (well the reveal).

My mom and dad and sister making it in for the BIG DAY is another little worry on this worry warts mind. Let me show you a picture of my sweet (huge family).  And this is just my mom's side!

Seriously this is just some of my mom's brothers and sisters and their families.  So you can imagine holidays with this bunch.  Our sweet little nugget is going to be my Nanny's (my grandmother who is one of my best friends) 22nd great grandchild.  That's right people 22!  She is a busy lady.  She is one of the many reasons my love and faith for God is so strong.  

Okay SO hopefully by now you have a little more background about us and where we are!  I asked the hubs last night if he minded taking pictures of me from time to time for outfit posts (I believe it will be awkward for us both equally), and he said he was game but he must be referred to Sour in upcoming post if I must talk about him.  



No comments:

Post a Comment