Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3 years

No I didn't jump ahead to Luke's 3rd birthday, today is mine and Sour's 3rd anniversary.  And this month marks 6 years that we have been together.  I still ask myself daily how I have been so blessed with this man.  I have literally prayed for my husband since I was a young girl.  I have picked some good and not so great potentials along the way, but none compare to this man who has stolen my heart and soul.  I had always heard that a man wasn't supposed to complete me, but I find that to be completely untrue.

God created Eve to "complete" Adam because he needed a helpmate.  Well God did good!  In Sour, he has created the most perfect completion of me.  I am a better me.  I can love deeper, laugh harder, and be content in who I am.  I truly love this man more today than in 2007 when he first showed me what it was like to be chased.  And lucky for me he has chased after my heart everyday since.

This year we get to celebrate these years of marriage with our new addition.  When I look into Luke's face, I see nothing but Sour and the face of God.  What a beautiful collaboration.  Do I feel more complete as a mother?  Absolutely.  But only because I am the mother of Sour's child. 




God, thank you for this man.  Thank you for the blessing he is to me and to our child.  I pray that I am being the wife that You have called me to be.  I pray that I am loving him as You love the church.  I pray that I allow him to lead this family and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment