Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's off to the zoo we go!

Luke had his first trip to the zoo on Friday! It was such a pretty day for it! We went to the Tyler zoo, which is the same zoo I went to all the time when I was kid. It was so special to be able to share that with him. Of course I can't wait till he can run around and enjoy all the animals, but nine the less it was fun.
We made it into a family event. Sour, Luke and I met my mom, niece and nephew down there as well as a couple of cousins and their kids and an aunt.
Luke stayed awake a good bit of the time but grabbed a few cat naps here and there, he is such a pro at sleeping through the noise. Luke had no chance of not having vampire skin, considering Sour and I are pale as ghosts, so we had to slather him down with sunscreen. We also have since been on the hunt for a sun hat that doesn't engulf him.
I love getting to experience all these little and not so little things with him, and seeing things through his eyes for the first time.









2 comments:

  1. I love the Tyler zoo! It's been years since I have been but I see trips there in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew's shirt = awesome! Haha! Such a fun family trip!!

    ReplyDelete