Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hi Ho Hi Ho

So Wednesday was my first day back at work. I definitely think it was more traumatic for me than Luke. But probably the most traumatic for Sour!
We are blessed enough to not have to use daycare at this time. Matthew and I work opposite schedules, he works weekends (Sat, Sun, Mon) and I work Mon-Fri. So Sour will be a stay at home dad from Tuesday-Friday. Mondays Luke gets to stay with his MiMi (my MIL).
This all makes for an easier transition on me. I think if I had to drop him off somewhere on Wednesday, I might have just kept driving! It was so much easier to leave him snuggled up in his bed.
I had a little cry the first day with some anxiety, second day was better leaving but it seemed like a longer day, and the third was tougher leaving because he was awake and playing. I wanted to jump back on the bed and play with the little munchkin!
Monday will be the real test to see if I can get him and myself up and out the door and get to work on time. And let's see if I can leave without making any big scene!
I know I really do want to work, but I have the worse momma's guilt for leaving him. I know I am going to miss all the big stuff. And I hate to think he probably doesn't even notice I am gone all day!
Sour passed with flying colors this week! He is getting used to the early mornings, and learning to rest/nap whenever Luke is. He did have a 4 diaper explosion on the first day they both seemed to survive through. And I have yet to see either one if them out of pajamas!

To say the least, I am blessed. I have a fantastic husband, a job to go back to, a precious baby boy, and a super helpful MIL. Along with many more things.

1 comment:

  1. I remember having to leave my oldest when I had to go to work. It was super hard. I'm lucky to be able to stay home with my youngest two not although some days a job doesn't sound to bad (ha ha)!
    Glad you got a good support system. Leaving him with Dad has to be a lot easier than with strangers :)